Muthaland scoop


Running with a Thundakat
Kidd Fresh
When it comes to hip hop dancing in South Africa one crew’s name is forever being heard, that being the Repertoires also referred to as the Repz. The dance crew has recently hit the screens with a new reality show called Running With the Reps. However MUTHALAND SCOOP this month is not about the crew, but more specifically about one of my favourite dancers and members in the crew; Kidd Fresh also known as Thato De Luxe. Kidd Fresh is one of the freshest poppers I know and is also an aspiring rapper. From his dance moves to his over package, Kidd is a youngin to take note of.
1. When did u fall in love with hip hop?
When I was about 11. I still bump that Marshall Mathers LP from time to time. I dunno… hip hop has always been something different. The culture is just me in everyway, feel me?

2. What comes to mind when you hear the statement "Hi my name is Hip Hop"?
Ha-ha, so Hip Hop is a person and she's greeting me? Let's date now J

3. When did you begin dancing?
 Around the age of 14, but I’ve always been a mover and shaker, even in my mom’s tummy, nam’saying?

4. What are your thoughts on homosexuality in hip hop?
No Homo! Lol nah I mean, I don't hate gay people or anything. If a dude kicks lines I can feel, no matter his sexual orientation, then I'll listen. Never been phased by homosexuality as long as it does not involve me.

5. What are your thoughts on South African hip hop?
We need growth. I think SA rappers aren't hungry enough, I can say AKA and Kwesta are the only 2 new school rappers who you can almost tell are in it for the long run. To much commercial sound and not enough content with substance, I feel like a lot of hip hop artists aren't driven and you can hear it in their lines.

6. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Heavyweight in the entertainment industry, I don't plan on being on top but as close as possible, miracles don't happen in 5 years, but becoming a household name does though.

7. If you could use 5 words to describe what hip hop is to you what would they be?
Passion, raw, emotion, inspiration, sexy.

8. What makes the Repz different from any other dance crew in South Africa (beside y'all having your own reality show)?
Repz is a movement, not a dance crew…

9. Classic hip hop question: who is the best between Drake and J.Cole and why?
Drake, I'm thinking in terms of marketability. You can sell Drake to almost anyone, his content is widely spread and he is a talent of note. I feel like Drake is realer , he doesn't talk about "the streets " but rather that which was relevant in he's life like he's parents divorce and girl trouble.  After all is that not hip hop… making the music your life story.

10. Few people know that you’re an aspiring rapper, if you could sign with any record label, who would u sign with?
None, its either you independent or you’re not caking . . .

3 comments:

  1. Sup! Kidd follow back my blog www.yungkeedilla.blogspot.com awe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sup hommie got i dig ur styl boeta..u really ar an aspiring individual..lyk da swagg n ofcoz da bg fan of da THUNDACATZ n da whole crew itself..keep doin wat u do bst boy..awe..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omw Thato....im like your biggest fan...i think your da next big thing!! .I dig erythang u do and i even started dancng cause of u<3...keep it up!!!!...lota love from Aya

    ReplyDelete