Proverb

>>I have a dream<<


“I have a dream of seeing an SA emcee in the source/ a HHP poster in the centrefold/ I have a dream of platinum sales minimum gold/ a tour bus with us all touring across African borders/ while television networks record us/ I have a dream of being on stage when I perform this/ seeing the crowd respond to metaphors not just the chorus/ I have a dream of writing articles in magazines/ that’ll explain hip hop is more than just baggy jeans/ in fact it seems the whole culture is misunderstood/ they say we portray the bad, listen while I spread some good/ it’s not all about me Verb/ I want all emcees to be heard/ and get the respect that they deserve".

















It no coincidence they call us heads cause we’re ahead of them/ initiating new recruits to let them in schooling the youth/ the truth is relevant/ I have a dream that African hip hop is the future/ my thought are parallel to Martin Luther King Junior”

_Proverb_

No comments:

Post a Comment